AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about the supposed recall of the 1000ES? I found one at Crazyeddie.com for $397.95. I thought it was a steal, but I ordered it on August 21 and still haven't received it. I have called several times to try to clarify what the deal is and they told me that the unit had been recalled because of a problem with the power supply. Supposedly these units had been catching on fire. I found this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...y=&pagenumber=1

Apparently others are running into the same issue, but when I called Sony, they had no information about a recall. In fact, they insinuated that maybe I had gotten ripped off by Crazyeddie.com. Now I doubt that this is the case, but I guess it is possible. I was considering cancelling my payment through my credit card, but I just called Crazyeddie today and they told me they just received a confirmation that the receivers had been shipped from Sony and that they were due at their warehouse on Monday. Therefore, I should receive my unit by the end of next week. We shall see...

To try to get to the bottom of this, I called Crutchfield to see if their units had been recalled, and the representative told me they have been selling these things like crazy ever since they debutted, and he had no information or had ever heard anything about a recall. Now I must admit that I am kind of worried about this whole transaction, especially because I found the 1000ES for $200 less than Crutchfield (and Tweeter) is selling it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? And if in fact Crazyeddie is scamming me, what is my recourse? I look forward to your responses.

·
Registered
255 Posts
There was a recall about (2)? months ago. We just started to get these back in to sell. It is a great sounding receiver. I think the recall was due to a power supply problem, but I can't remember exactly. I would get it from Tweeter or Crutchfield. They are authorized to sell this product so you can be rest assured it is one that has not been recalled.

J

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Since you are in Chicago I would consider checking out Abt electronics. They have the 1000ES on display and they will discount it. They knocked $100 off of the 2000ES for me (if it ever gets in...).

Since I am bored, I just did an online chat with their customer service and asked if they had the 1000ES or 2000Es in stock yet. They said they have 9 1000ES' coming in 'any day' and the 2000ES is 2-3 weeks out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.