Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have one on the way. Reading the manual for the remote, I can't see that you can control the level for the center speaker and rear speakers from the remote ?

Please tell me you can!!

thx,

bob

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My previous Sony receiver had hard buttons on the remote for the center and surround levels, the 4ES doesn't. However, you can adjust them by remote, but you have to access them by navigating through the speaker set-up menu. This is easiest via the on-screen (monitor) display.

-Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
The main menu consists of - Level, Surround, Equalizer, Set-up, and Customize. Once you understand the lay-out of each of these you will be able to adjust or change any setting without having to turn on your television. To get used to this, while cycling through the different sections watch the display on the 4ES. It won't take long and you will know what to get into in order to change whatever you want. The individual EQ bands must be set using the onscreen display. You can cycle through/change the different "Banks 1-5" without having to turn on the televison. The person who designed that remote must have been some relative of Pavlov (Sp?). The rats trying to negotiate the maze in quest of the cheese!

As stated, you can change all speaker level settings.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Neither - you are watching the display on the 4ES. If you have the monitor on, of course you can see it there also. That would probably be preferable until you get the hang of how everything is laid out. I like to be able to make level adjustments while changing sources for music listening. For example, If I go from listening to a regular CD to a SACD I boost the Sub level to compensate for -10dB loss. I can easily do this without having to turn on the monitor. I guess I've boosted it twice because I also set the sub for the multi channel in to +10dB. You won't forget to turn it back down if you put in any other source. :))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.