AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say for the past year at least my receiver has been functioning a little funny. Things started out where it played fine but it would make clicking noises from inside the receiver every once in a while. Everything worked fine so I didn't worry too much about it. But then, a couple of months after that as it was making the clicking noises the sound cut out all together for a minute or 2. Sometimes a nice slap on the right side of the receiver would cause it to make a click (felt like it was turning on) noise and the volume would fire up.

Now it's doing all of the above but the slap solution isn't working as well. Sometimes it needs to be on for a few minutes and then it clicks on it's own. It will still start clicking for no reason while it's on and I'm watching TV and usually it doesn't effect sound. Obviously there is something up with the unit and rather than buy a new one I'm hoping there is an economical fix. Anyone have any guesses what part(s) could be what's giving me trouble?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts