AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get one of these receivers Sony STR-DG1000 or Onkyo TX-SR674 and was looking for some opinions. I'm gonna be hooking up Polk Audio RM20 5-Pack plus sub, PS3, HDTV cable box , and Sharp LC-46D62U. Whats everyones thoughts on the receivers?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Probably would be fine.... Many of us are leary to try it as non ES line Sony equipment in the past has really turned us off to them.

In the past to use Sony non-ES lines you had to by really bright forward speakers to match with them. This is a pretty new AVR for them, so it may not be like that at all.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
No, the older non-es lines, just had a real low end tone to them and worked great with really bright speakers in general, not just Sony, I probably should just stop posting that potentially about this model since I have never heard and I am not likely to any time soon.

I always liked Sony's Es line of AVR's well enough. But I heard so many turkeys that were Sony but not their ES line components.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Both look good spec wise, check what you would need to build into the future for a home theatre system to make a better desicion. I would go for the Onkyo or take a look at the Pioneer Elite VSX-80TXV, which is in the same price range. Also check out the Integra line from Onkyo it is similar to the higher line Sony ES and Pioneer Elite. Test drive them all and see what sounds best to you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.