AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony STR-DH800 receiver. Over the years I've had it, I've never been able to get any signal from either the SA-CD/CD/CD-R OUT jacks for the VIDEO1 OUT jacks. The manual implies you just plug in here and it should work, but it doesn't. They don't work even on plain stereo inputs, such as FM. Still nothing out that I can detect.

Not a huge deal, but annoying. Has anyone seen this other than me? Has anyone successfully used the audio out on this receiver?

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1425785/sony-str-dh800-audio-out#post_22330351

Are you plugging in an analog RCA source?

Sorry, I missed your response to this thread.

What I want is analog out. I think the receiver just does not convert digital inputs to analog (except at the speakers, of course). I don't have any external analog inputs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My unit has given me no trouble for 10 years but has now become unreliable when switching over to a PC input via HDMI. It seldom does so immediately but sometimes will after being left for anything from a few minutes to a few hours. Can anyone identify the problem and suggest a solution or workaround to trigger instant switching?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts