AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
I need your help Please. I have 4k LG tv with arc, and receiver Sony str dn 1080 with arc option. There is one big problem which i have. I cant hear any sound from Receiver , no sound is recognized via HDMI ARC from tv. Only option i can hear sound from tv throguh AMP is via OPT cabel . I found out, in the settings of inputs receiver ,It is permanently set up on OPT , and it is not possible to change it.
Which input on receiver i should choose when i would like to hear sound from tv via ARC? Because when i choose TV automatic i cant hear any sound.
I have everything set up correctly i think( ARC function On (TV and AMP), HDMICEC on, HDMI 2.0 cabel with arc 18gbs, latest firmware etc).
It is tech problem in Tv or Receiver?

Thanks for answers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys,
I need your help Please. I have 4k LG tv with arc, and receiver Sony str dn 1080 with arc option. There is one big problem which i have. I cant hear any sound from Receiver , no sound is recognized via HDMI ARC from tv. Only option i can hear sound from tv throguh AMP is via OPT cabel . I found out, in the settings of inputs receiver ,It is permanently set up on OPT , and it is not possible to change it.
Which input on receiver i should choose when i would like to hear sound from tv via ARC? Because when i choose TV automatic i cant hear any sound.
I have everything set up correctly i think( ARC function On (TV and AMP), HDMICEC on, HDMI 2.0 cabel with arc 18gbs, latest firmware etc).
It is tech problem in Tv or Receiver?

Thanks for answers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the STR-DN 1080. In your setting, change your setting to AMP only. Make sure you are using the right HDMI/eARC port and [do not] connect an OPTICAL CABLE. If you are using it for 3.1, 5.1, 7.1- you will have to change ur speakers settings to reflect that your speakers are [SMALL] to be able to fine tune the other settings for the speaker channels and ATMOS. HOPE THIS HELP…

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the STR-DN 1080. In your setting, change your setting to AMP only. Make sure you are using the right HDMI/eARC port and [do not] connect an OPTICAL CABLE. If you are using it for 3.1, 5.1, 7.1- you will have to change ur speakers settings to reflect that your speakers are [SMALL] to be able to fine tune the other settings for the speaker channels and ATMOS. HOPE THIS HELP…
Thanks,
I have tried it and.... Nothing... No audio detected via HDMI on the receiver Panel. No stream...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks,
I have tried it and.... Nothing... No audio detected via HDMI on the receiver Panel. No stream...
Have you remove AC power from the 1080? Have you pressed the power button to reset the 1080 as in the manual?

Doing the latter will require you to redo all you setting

I would try those things first

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, guys i finally solved problem. Now i have arc audio on display of receiver. You must reset receiver and Tv let him receiver recognize itself. Do not push any button of input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts