AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the Pioneer 919 AH-K and then was disappointed when I found it could not play my ipod in our 2nd zone. Now I am looking at getting either of these receivers. Can anyone help me figure out which is better for using Multizone features, and just overall? The Sony has S-Air for the multizone feature and I am not familiar with this at all.

The receiver will be hooked up to my Sharp Aquos 46in; PS3; Dishnetwork HD receiver; Energy 8in sub; and my multizone.

Also, as a side note question, I had no problems hooking up my 919 and am still using it until I can purchase a replacement (I've got 30days left on the return policy). Here's the question: When I play a blue ray movie through my ps3 I get 5.1 surround sound which I want. But when I play a regular DVD like the Watchmen, I only get sound out of my front left and right speakers and center channel. Did I do something wrong or am I that dumb? Can I not get 5.1 surround sound through a regular dvd on my PS3? Or is there an option I am missing on the receiver?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
JMO but for the price range of these 3 receivers, I doubt if there's any real difference in the quality of the surround sound they produce. The issue is much more a function of speaker quality, placement, system calibration and room acoustic treatments. Like I said, JMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.