Ok I have it all set up correctly I believe. The Components consist of:

Samsung LN40A530

Sony STR-DN1000

Polk Audio Monitor 30's as main BI-Amped

Polk Audio CS1

Polk Audio In wall Speakers

Klipsch SUB-12

360,PS3, and HD DVR

Everything is going into the HDMI Inputs and from AVR to TV.

Now I ran the Auto Calibration and it set all of my fronts,center, and surrounds to crossover at 120hz. Does that sound normal?

·
The Village Idiot
9,766 Posts
Polk specs the Monitor 30s to 63db at -3db roll off. I'd manually set them all to 80hz which is THX specs. That will take some of the work load off the sub. In the end let your ears be your guide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchase SONY STR DN-1000 FROM NEWEGG FOR $299.00. I have a question regarding auto calibration, I hope someone could help me out. When setting auto calibration initial set up is set to FULL FLAT. Is there any diffrence in sound reproduction by switching this setting to: ENGINEER, FRONT REF OR OFF?

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charden37 /forum/post/18180082

well I went out and purchased some Monitor 60's and I am using the 30's as rears in 7.1 now. Any suggestions on settings as it wont let me change the crossovers now.

Check and make sure that your speakers aren't set to "large". I'm pretty sure you cannot control the x-over if the receiver thinks you have large speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.