AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sony's website calls it high definition capable but...

does anyone know what the bandwidth of the inputs actually are ?

I would like to utilize the switching capabilities, but I did have my Mits RPTV professionally calibrated, and really wouldn't want to degrade the HD picture quality.

Can anyone help?

Matt

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just an opinion:

I was afraid of the same thing. At first I ran my component cables directly into my Smart Calibrated HS10 PJ. Then I tried it thru my DA4ES. Didn't notice any difference on DVD or HD cable.

Still, it's nowhere near as good as DVD thru a DVI connection...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
and that is not as good as DVD played back on my elcheapo PC with a flatscreen monitor (been enjoying "progressive scan" quality on my PC and viewsonic flatscreen monitor for years now. I have yet to see any TV output such a quality picture as my PC and it's software DVD player and intergrated TV card.

·
Registered
339 Posts
50mhz is plenty. I'm currently in the process of getting rid of my Denon 1803 because of this very reason. The bandwidth the 1803 has is 27mhz and I don't know if it's me or what but when I run HD through it, I notice some softness I don't notice when I run the signal directly to my Z1 projector.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jcamber
I don't know if it's me or what but when I run HD through it, I notice some softness I don't notice when I run the signal directly to my Z1 projector.
27MHz isn't enough for HDTV, that would explain the "softness" I believe 33MHz is the min for HDTV. The standard for HD is 50MHz. I don't beleive there's anything out there now that's even coming close to that much bandwidth.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jeff,

There are a few receivers out there that (according to their numbers) can handle HD pretty well

ie.

Denon AVR-2803, 3803 (100Mhz)

Sony STR-DA4ES (50Mhz)

Sony STR-DA1000,2000,3000ES (80Mhz)

Harman/Kardon 525 (50Mhz)

Marantz 5400 and up (50Mhz)

Jorge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.