1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had a feeling we would see something like this before NAB 2011. I think we will also see something like it from Canon. Things are getting exciting. There's also supposed to be a pro RED competitor at a reasonable price, but I am excited to see something like this for enthusiasts on a budget. Of course there will be some crying on here when someone realizes that it missed a feature. Like it doesn't cook your breakfast or something.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see that I wasn't clear enough when I posted this here.

I also feel the same way.

"I really don't like the way they worded it since it sounds like theirs no guarantee."
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-...ml#post1589163

Like I also said their, Sony appears to want to have you buy pieces for it so if you want a view finder, extra XLR inputs, etc, you have to pay for it. Their basically copying RED's idea.

A lot of people is going to have trouble choosing between this and the AF100 which will have been out for months by the time this Sony is released even if they do implement 1080 60p but at least that might be able to make the choice easier for some people.

I hope this will also mean that the successor to the CX550 may have 1080 60p as well. The more cameras with that mode, the better as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
790 Posts
do u guys know on which support will this camera record ? (hard sick, digital card or other)

also

does it mean that I can mount on it even c and cs mount lenses ?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would assume cheap memory just like the NX5.

As far a C Mount lenses, I would expect most of them to vignette on this camera so I wouldn't recommend it unless Sony implements a crop mode just like the new GH2 in which a smaller portion of the chip is used for video but I don't think the design of Sony's new chip will allow it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thank you for the reply.

What do u mean for vignetting. I mean do u have a video sample link where they show sever vignetting ?

Also, in general, is there any workaround when mounting small lenses in front of big lenses/sensors/wide angle lenses ?

I mean for example mount first a step down lens and than in front of that a small lens.

For example lets sy I want to mount in front a 37mm lens a 32mm lens.

Is these ans lens that can be mounted between the 37mm original lens and the 32mm add on lens so that the vignetting can be reduced ?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some more news about that camera can be found here.
http://www.dv.com/article/103538

You'll also find information about a portable camcorder for under $3,500 which has detachable XLR inputs box. It looks like Sony is about to finally release a successor to the A1u. Better late than never and I'm looking forward to reading about all the features. Since the consumer version (CX700) has 1080 60p, I'm hoping this will have it as well. For that kind of price, I wouldn't be surprised if it has HD-SDI output. If that was the case, I would hope they make a cheaper version without HD-SDI.

If it's using a similar chip as this, it'll not only be able to do 1080 60p but I'll also be able to do 720 120p.
http://image-sensors-world.blogspot....pixel-bsi.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts