AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My brother has a 60" SXRD which he bought in March of '06 and it has never been calibrated. Can anyone post the picture settings they have their's set to? I know he would not be down spending $500+ on spyder tv pro and i'm not sure he'd even care to buy a cheap calibration dvd.

The picture looks good for sure, but i know by tweaking it it can get even better. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Just use the THX optimode on any THX dvd and you will get better results than blindly copying numbers from other people's set ups.

Regards

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/0

Greetings

Just use the THX optimode on any THX dvd and you will get better results than blindly copying numbers from other people's set ups.

Regards

thanks for the response. sorry, i've never heard of "THX optimode". i thought THX had to do with surround sound, not pictures. like Onkyo HTiB's being "THX-certified". "any THX dvd" means any dvd that is recorded in THX? my brother has a few dvd's, but not sure if any our THX (i'm sure one has to be). Then, how do we get to "optimode"?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

It's in any of the Star Wars DVDs ... in the menu system ... look for it.

Regards

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
and Pixar movies..my favorite is using Monsters Inc

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the responses guys. i'll try it out this weekend sometime. so i guess me thinking THX was audio only was super noobish since no one directly responded to that part of my post
that's cool...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.