AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

About a year ago, I received a message on my SXRD that the lamp needed to be replaced. I bought a new lamp and followed the instructions. Everything worked great.

About a week ago, the inside of the lamp popped (I can see shattered glass on the inside). I purchased a new lamp, but now I am getting the 3 red blinking lights, which is supposed to mean that the lamp door is not closed correctly. From what I understand, there are a few sensors where the door closes and if something happens to those, the TV doesn't think the lamp is installed correctly, so the TV won't turn back on.

Does anyone know where these sensors are? What should it look like? Do you have any pictures? Has anyone had this issue and successfully repaired it on your own? How? If not, what did it cost for you to have a repairman come to the house to fix it? Keep in mind I do not need a new bulb.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Pat

· Registered
5,038 Posts
Lamp door is not secure, or lamp door is warped from heat and so the little tab that pushes the door switch in isn't seating properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.