AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My playstation 3 is capable of playing 3D movies and games on my Mitsubishi 3D TV.

Can the PS3 play back video files from the Sony TD20, or do you have to play the videos back directly from the camcorder?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I went ahead and bought the TD20, so I'm answering my own question. No, it doesn't seem to support playing 3D video through the TD20 camcorder. It's easy however to hook up direct to your 3D tv however with HDMI, and the 3D video is amazing, just like the 3D movies. Taking a close up of my dog, his head is popping right out of the screen.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
Would someone please educate me on what the motive or fascination is for playing our 3D camcorders through the PS3. If you have a 3D home theater setup with PS3, why not simply connect the TD20 with hdmi to your 3D capable AVR. That's what I do and I get fast high quality 3D display of the files complete with DD5.1 sound if the recording was set to that, on my speakers. I never could see what the fascination is for connecting further upstream to the PS3 would be. If you don't have an avr with multiple inputs and large sound system then just connect it to the 3D TV. I have a PS3 and it never occurred to me to want to connect the TD10 to it.

I have a 20 ft hdmi cable with a mini plug on one end that runs from my AVR to my couch so I can connect any camcorder or device with a mini hdmi output to my system from the couch. I have several and they all work great with that connection.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don,

I believe you misunderstood nonseven. I think what he was trying to do was using the PS3 to play the TD20 FILES natively (without alterations or edits) AFTER they are transferred to something like a USB stick, file-sharing computer, or server. I don't think he was trying to plug the TD20 into the PS3, although his 2nd post says "through"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was trying to do it either way. But I did just hook up the camcorder direct to the TV using the mini HDMI connector.

Either way, I'm finding that home video is really where 3D shines. You may not want to sit for 2 hours with the glasses on and watch a movie, but watching your dog or child or whatever pop right out of the screen is pretty cool and the next best thing to being to here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts