5,639 Posts
Another thread talking about loss... oh boy... here it comes

*ducks before getting hit with the storm that is about to come*

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was new information.

I don't want to start a big argument. If this has been discussed, mods please delete this thread.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGizzard /forum/post/15540663

I thought this was new information.

I don't want to start a big argument. If this has been discussed, mods please delete this thread.

It is new info. Even though this questions a price drop that is rumored around Spring you have some sensitive individuals who are ready to call you a fanboy for posting this instead of just having a conversation or avoiding the thread all together.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It is unlikely to affect the ps3 at all right now. Interestingly the article lists falling sales on things like flat panel tv's to blame.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Holy crap that's a big loss!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/15540702

It is new info. Even though this questions a price drop that is rumored around Spring you have some sensitive individuals who are ready to call you a fanboy for posting this instead of just having a conversation or avoiding the thread all together.

Incorrect sir. The fanboys are the ones that will undoubtedly come into this thread and translate this as doom and gloom for Sony and they will do their quick happy dance and say xBoX rUlZ #1 fOReVa!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Everyone knew this "loss" was coming. with a $600 launch price and now still priced $150 above the 360 arcade and Wii, add in the bad economy and wham..Do they drop the price to sell more consoles at a loss??? i dunno

I hope 09 is a better year for sony and everyone that has suffered in 08

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd /forum/post/15541057

...now still priced $150 above the 360 arcade and Wii

Incorrect.

PS3 = $399 80GB Model

XBox360 =

$199 Arcade Model

+$129 Hard Drive

+$99 Wireless Adapter

+$50/year Live

+$20 Play-n-charge kit

+$299 Stand-alone Blu-ray player

+$5 Black Spray Paint

+$1.25 Name-brand Black Electrical Tape to cover IR receiver

As you can see the PS3 is much cheaper to own if all you want to do is play games and watch movies.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15541008

Incorrect sir. The fanboys are the ones that will undoubtedly come into this thread and translate this as doom and gloom for Sony and they will do their quick happy dance and say xBoX rUlZ #1 fOReVa!

But why would they do that? It isn't #1

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga /forum/post/15541157

But why would they do that? It isn't #1

DUH, because they're fanboy's!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
this is the price they payed to win the format war. since the ps3 was the "trojan horse" sony unleashed at a loss this is what they get. Hope they're happy with the outcome. No knock on the ps3--just sony picked their battle and won. Now they have to pay the price for their victory.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/15541150

Incorrect.

PS3 = $399 80GB Model

XBox360 =

$199 Arcade Model

+$129 Hard Drive

+$99 Wireless Adapter

+$50/year Live

+$20 Play-n-charge kit

+$299 Stand-alone Blu-ray player

+$5 Black Spray Paint

+$2 Black Electrical Tape to cover IR receiver

As you can see the PS3 is much cheaper to own if all you want to do is play games and watch movies.

Lets not get anal about it, you know what I meant..to go to the store and walk out with it its $150 cheaper.

Yes I see your point but mommy buying one for jr doesnt care about all the extras, just that jr can put a game in and shut him up for a while playing.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well Sony knew the cost of getting BD adopted would be steep and with extra competition in the tv biz it's been a tough year for them. I have no doubt they'll recover though. Just hope to see the PS3 have a good 2K9.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The article says the loss is coming from the electronics division. Is Sony Computer Entertainment part of that division, or are they separate? According to Wikipedia, Sony Electronics Inc. and Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. are separate subsidiaries of Sony Corp. of America, but I have no idea how that shakes out under the global business.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd /forum/post/15541339

Lets not get anal about it, you know what I meant..to go to the store and walk out with it its $150 cheaper.

Yes I see your point but mommy buying one for jr doesnt care about all the extras, just that jr can put a game in and shut him up for a while playing.

I just wanted to be the first to post the pricing breakdown in this thread. Did it not seem a little over-the-top to you? That was my point, I hate the fanboy cost breakdown posts.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/15541636

I just wanted to be the first to post the pricing breakdown in this thread. Did it not seem a little over-the-top to you? That was my point, I hate the fanboy cost breakdown posts.

I thought it was a good post. Some people dont want to see the truth posted and get angry when you prove them wrong with numbers. Everyone knows numbers dont lie.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.