AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Z8H reduced launch price (U.S.)

Today, Sony’s official M.A.P. launch prices in the U.S. for the Z8H 8k LEDs are as follows:

XBR-75Z8H $5,999 (shipping week of 6/29 according to V E website)
XBR-85Z8H $8,999 (shipping now)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Today, Sony’s official M.A.P. launch prices in the U.S. for the Z8H 8k LEDs are as follows:

XBR-75Z8H $5,999 (shipping week of 6/29 according to V E website)
XBR-85Z8H $8,999 (shipping now)
Is the XBR-75Z8H $5,999 with or without tax?

The Swedish price on Sony's homepage is quite high. Converted to dollar it's $9,000 for XBR-75Z8H including tax.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is the XBR-75Z8H $5,999 with or without tax?

The Swedish price on Sony's homepage is quite high. Converted to dollar it's $9,000 for XBR-75Z8H including tax.
I pre-ordered the 75, the Dealer said the price is $7999. Canadian. The Canadian Sony Web site still has not officially posted the price on their web site. What's up with that?

JD

·
Registered
434 Posts
I pre-ordered the 75, the Dealer said the price is $7999. Canadian. The Canadian Sony Web site still has not officially posted the price on their web site. What's up with that?

JD
Does the price include the tax in the US and Canada?

·
Registered
434 Posts
No plus 13% tax in Canada, No in the US tax there is based on State tax I believe.

JD
So the amount you actually have to pay is $7999 + 13% = $9039 ?

·
Registered
916 Posts
No plus 13% tax in Canada, No in the US tax there is based on State tax I believe.

JD
US tax is based on State + County + City. Although there may not be additional taxes at the county or city level.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So the amount you actually have to pay is $7999 + 13% = $9039 ?
Yes, even our vehicles are + 13% everything here in Ontario Canada. I did not pay full price I negotiated with my dealer. Big box stores however is a different story.

JD

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, even our vehicles are + 13% everything here in Ontario Canada. I did not pay full price I negotiated with my dealer. Big box stores however is a different story.

JD
Okay, where I live the taxis included in the price so I felt a bit saddened by the huge price discrepancy but it turns out to be about the same when you guys include the tax.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hell we don't have X900H here in India. SONY has not listed the Model on the official website yet and I doubt they will launch it this year. Not interested in it for Visual experience but just wanted to check the HDMI 2.1 capability.

I guess next year top end Flagship will also have HDMI 2.1. But seriously if SONY doesn't improve their visual quality on LED side they will be pi**ing off lot many people waiting for anything decent(nothing new for SONY). They delivered Perfect Product in their Mobile Division the XPERIA 1 II. Can we expect them to pull off a Miracle next year. Last time when they delivered Masterpiece in XPERIA lineup which was XPERIA XZ Premium they also delivered more than decent X930E/X940E. Nope at this point I think I shouldn't be expecting much from SONY or any brand in LED TV space.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hell we don't have X900H here in India. SONY has not listed the Model on the official website yet and I doubt they will launch it this year. Not interested in it for Visual experience but just wanted to check the HDMI 2.1 capability.

I guess next year top end Flagship will also have HDMI 2.1. But seriously if SONY doesn't improve their visual quality on LED side they will be pi**ing off lot many people waiting for anything decent(nothing new for SONY). They delivered Perfect Product in their Mobile Division the XPERIA 1 II. Can we expect them to pull off a Miracle next year. Last time when they delivered Masterpiece in XPERIA lineup which was XPERIA XZ Premium they also delivered more than decent X930E/X940E. Nope at this point I think I shouldn't be expecting much from SONY or any brand in LED TV space.
I've given up completely on Sony making another homerun in the LCD market. I've been waiting on the true successor to the Z9D, but to no avail, and I think it's safe to say such a thing won't happen anymore. Since MicroLED is still a long way off, I'm hoping for Sony to introduce their first MiniLED at CES next year...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice. Let us know your thoughts.
Sure will... Start working on it tomorrow. Also purchased a new Denon avr-3700h not sure where to connect the blu-ray player to the TV audio out to the Denon or connect it to the Denon then onto the TV. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Sure will... Start working on it tomorrow. Also purchased a new Denon avr-3700h not sure where to connect the blu-ray player to the TV audio out to the Denon or connect it to the Denon then onto the TV. Any ideas?
BD player to DENON, DENON to TV.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone seen a Sony Z8H yet?

JD
We put up a 75Z8H yesterday at my store and initial thoughts are that it is stupid bright and very rich looking from a color volume perspective. Blacks seems good but just showing loop content from Sony at the moment but it’s clearly better than any LCD we have on display, 800T Samsung right beside it and not in the same league but it is cheaper. Later this week I’ll get a player on it and run it through some challenging content. Only problem is i can’t turn down the lighting and it’s pretty bright where it’s displayed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We put up a 75Z8H yesterday at my store and initial thoughts are that it is stupid bright and very rich looking from a color volume perspective. Blacks seems good but just showing loop content from Sony at the moment but it’s clearly better than any LCD we have on display, 800T Samsung right beside it and not in the same league but it is cheaper. Later this week I’ll get a player on it and run it through some challenging content. Only problem is i can’t turn down the lighting and it’s pretty bright where it’s displayed.
I have mine setup at home it has been only a couple of days, but under Options/Device Preferences there is Retail mode settings. that is torch mode I suspect.

The picture on this TV is amazing though. I am still playing with settings, still no Apple TV app. Unable to find the Calman auto calibration mode...

JD

581 - 600 of 607 Posts