AVS Forum banner

601 - 609 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have mine setup at home it has been only a couple of days, but under Options/Device Preferences there is Retail mode settings. that is torch mode I suspect.

The picture on this TV is amazing though. I am still playing with settings, still no Apple TV app. Unable to find the Calman auto calibration mode...

JD
Retail mode is torch mode. This video might help you with using Cal man

·
Registered
647 Posts
Cheaper to get geek squad than purchasing meters I think, thanks for the link.

JD
Pretty sure Cal man has an app that does almost the same thing. This is more of a process walkthrough. Search for Cal man app to find out how it's done. They know the equipment's out of reach so an app was built to work with some models of the Sony TVs. You can also reach out to Sony who will direct you to the right app version for your particular set.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pretty sure Cal man has an app that does almost the same thing. This is more of a process walkthrough. Search for Cal man app to find out how it's done. They know the equipment's out of reach so an app was built to work with some models of the Sony TVs. You can also reach out to Sony who will direct you to the right app version for your particular set.
Thanks, I downloaded Calman for Bravia app but it is looking for a meter... Guess I will call Sony.

Thanks for the help.

JD

·
Registered
145 Posts
After having the 75Z8H for a few days the picture is amazing the Black's are the best I have seen on a led. The TV sound is also really exceptional. I took a picture from the screen...

JD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
After having the 75Z8H for a few days the picture is amazing the Black's are the best I have seen on a led. The TV sound is also really exceptional. I took a picture from the screen...

JD
Have you owned or had a chance to evaluate any of the other high-end Sony Tvs I.e, Z9D, Z9G? Would be curious to hear how it compares to such models.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Samsung starts to ship QD-OLED TV prototypes to potential customers, including Sony

“According to DSCC, Samsung's QD-OLEDs will offer several advantages compared to LG's current WRGB (four subpixels + color filters) system. Samsung will be able to use three sub pixels and only two emitting layers (LGD uses four), and so its stack will include 13 layers compared to 22 layers in LGD's TVs - which means fewer deposition stages, improved yields and lower material costs.”

Reactions: Zerox_no1
601 - 609 of 609 Posts