AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my sony UTV and remote has been taken over by demons. I turned the TV on and there was a screen saying that it was unable to connect to WebTV. I certainly had not tried to connect and the machine is set up not to automatically check mail, although it is connected to a phone. I clicked "try again" and the remote was sluggish or something. I needed to hold down a button for quite some time (maybe 2 or 3 seconds) to get it to work. It was long enough that when I tried to select a 3 digit channel, the box would go to the channel associated with the first digit before it took the second digit. THe UTV then successfully connected to MSN, so that wasn't a problem. Because the remote was still acting funny, I first tried pulling the batteries out for a few seconds and when that didn't help, I put in new batteries. There was still no change. I tried putting the UTV into standby and then pulling the plug, but that didn't change anything. I couldn't tell if it was the UTV or the remote so I tried the wireless keyboard, and it worked fine. I then tried the remote again and it also worked fine

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Edmund
Sounds like the cat was sitting on the keyboard.:)
This is actually very good advice. Check to make sure nothing is pressing on or spilled between the keys of your keyboard. If in doubt, disable or take away your keyboard.

If still having problems, take the new batteries out of your remote. Press & hold down button 1 on the remote for 1 minute. Release. Now re-install the batteries. Work OK now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.