AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a WD1200AB hard drive and followed the instructions posted at http://www.blindsquirrel.org/UTV/default.htm to upgrade the hard drive in my Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV receiver. However, I ran into a problem. After replacing the hard drive and powering the unit back up, the UTV came up with the screen saying that it would need to check for updates. It then dialed the toll free number and then said that it would reconnect. It went through a series of messages beginning with dialing a local number, then waiting to connect, and finally connecting. This is where it stopped. It just sits on the "Connecting..." message and doesn't proceed. I have tried to power off the unit and power it back on, but it just starts with trying to connect to the local number and then hangs at "Connecting..." again. I have called the local number with my telephone, and a modem does indeed answer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Yogi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I have it working. After it dialed the local number and was hung on "Connecting," I picked up my phone and could hear the modem "screaching." I blew on the phone to make the modem drop the call and the UTV then went into a redial, but used a different local number. This time it went past "Connecting" to "Connecting to MSN." After about 10 seconds, it went to the screen with the message about the estimated update timeframe. I will post the results after the download completes.

Yogi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.