AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this receiver for over 5 years. Recently it decides not to always turn on. Instead there is a constant "clicking" coming from near the back of the receiver, near maybe where the power goes into the unit.

Sometimes it will just come on, and for the last few months I have used an APC Back-UPS to get it to turn on. It seemed that the extra jolt in electricity would help it come on.

There are no other components hooked into the outlet, and I have even run an extension cord to a completely different outlet with not luck, still "clicks".

I am debating just calling this receiver dead, and buying a Panasonic XR-57, but not unless this is something that's easy to fix.

I had always thought higher end receivers would last more than 5 years with no problems, but I guess I was wrong.

What really upsets me is that I wanted to have the 5.1 for the "24" season premiere tonight.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.