AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After everyone has raved about Vegas, I gave it a try. Editing with it is really good but...


What are the ways to get best quality 30p from my canon 24mbps pf30/60i container?


I see "Internet"@16mbps & mp4 @20mbps. Is that it? I looked at custom but didn't see any other choices.


I'm not clear on the mp4 settings. What are others using for non-AVCHD disc/bluray?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Hi


Personally I output to Lagarith (lossless) from Vegas and then using AVISynth to x264 encode the video. x264 gives many more settings than you see exposed by Sony's own encoder, and the MainConcept one they include is only a "lite" version, i.e. you don't all the options and settings required for many outputs.


x264 quality is super, it's free, has a bit of a learning curve but google 'MeGUI' for an interface that wraps around it.


Regards


Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyman /forum/post/20865785


After everyone has raved about Vegas, I gave it a try. Editing with it is really good but...


What are the ways to get best quality 30p from my canon 24mbps pf30/60i container?


I see "Internet"@16mbps & mp4 @20mbps. Is that it? I looked at custom but didn't see any other choices.


I'm not clear on the mp4 settings. What are others using for non-AVCHD disc/bluray?

First, what is your desired output format? Second, you can create your own preset, no need to use factory presets. Sony AVC goes up to 20 Mbit/s in versions up to 10d, and up to 26 Mbit/s in 10e (I need to verify the minor version letters). MainConcept AVC/MP4 goes up even higher, I haven't tried anything higher than 40 Mbit/s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann /forum/post/0


First, what is your desired output format? Second, you can create your own preset, no need to use factory presets. Sony AVC goes up to 20 Mbit/s in versions up to 10d, and up to 26 Mbit/s in 10e (I need to verify the minor version letters). MainConcept AVC/MP4 goes up even higher, I haven't tried anything higher than 40 Mbit/s.

mp4 is my first choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_L /forum/post/0


Hi


Personally I output to Lagarith (lossless) from Vegas and then using AVISynth to x264 encode the video. x264 gives many more settings than you see exposed by Sony's own encoder, and the MainConcept one they include is only a "lite" version, i.e. you don't all the options and settings required for many outputs.


x264 quality is super, it's free, has a bit of a learning curve but google 'MeGUI' for an interface that wraps around it.


Regards


Phil

What/where is Largarith?
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top