AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this projector (Sony VLP-VW40) something to consider?

I found one with aprox 200 hours used and an asking price of $1200.


Should I be interested on it or I better look for something else?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
Darn nice projector. Deserves consideration. I'd offer less.

I think I am one of the few that really liked the VW50 and VW40 though.


I came ohhhh so close to getting a VW50 when they first came out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/18273854


Darn nice projector. Deserves consideration. I'd offer less.

I think I am one of the few that really liked the VW50 and VW40 though.


I came ohhhh so close to getting a VW50 when they first came out.

Even couple of years old Sony VLP-VW40 is still to be consider vs. the new 1080p projectors at the same price around $1000?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
No LCOS / SXRD 1080p projectors for that around.



Hard to describe the differences between LCD and LCOS / SXRD....


I tend to favor the LCOS / SXRD, even so I ended up buying LCD myself.



As stated, I think it deserves consideration. I didn't say one would be a hands down winner over the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/18274114


No LCOS / SXRD 1080p projectors for that around.



Hard to describe the differences between LCD and LCOS / SXRD....


I tend to favor the LCOS / SXRD, even so I ended up buying LCD myself.



As stated, I think it deserves consideration. I didn't say one would be a hands down winner over the other.


Thanks John.


I've read some info in this forum about better PQ on LCOS vs LCD or DLP.

Sony Store still has it with a price tag of $2999 here in Canada.

What will be a reasonable offer to make for this second hand one?

Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
I never suggest or install DLP projectors anymore. To restrictive on placement for me. LCD and LCOS is just to darn easy with the robust lens shift thing going on.


I did not check, but I don't think the HC3800 has lens shift or at least versitile lens shift. But you should check me on that for sure as I am assuming because this has been the bane of DLP for a long time now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/18285454


I never suggest or install DLP projectors anymore. To restrictive on placement for me. LCD and LCOS is just to darn easy with the robust lens shift thing going on.


I did not check, but I don't think the HC3800 has lens shift or at least versitile lens shift. But you should check me on that for sure as I am assuming because this has been the bane of DLP for a long time now.


Thanks John.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
I just have not seen any bad units myself. Not that I even look for it. I only really deal with movie watching though, were it would be real hard to actually see a convergence issue.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top