AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys im quite new to the projector world. Just got my first one yesterday. Ive been reading up a bit on the 3d sync transmitter. It seems to me the TMR-PJ1 is the compatible one with HW30ES. I was just wondering whether TMR-BR100 would actually run with the projector. I have already bought 4 ps3 3d glasses and I'm not sure if they would run with TMR-BR100 either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
I won't have my own hw30es till Tuesday but I can tell you the tmr-br100 has a 3 pin connector which the hw30es does not have.

In short,... It won't work unless you modify it.

The tmr-pj1 does work with the ps3 glasses from what I've read in the owners thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't get any information on it before so I just bought one yesterday cuz it was 10 bucks. I'll just have to wait and see now. Looking more likely gonna have to buy TMR PJ1 as well..lol

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
There is a cable for converting the Ethernet jack to 3 DIN that "regular" emitters use... I just saw it in the 55ES thread. It's a UK thing and in the box over there...

So far I don't see any version of it here in the US.

I really want such a cable but in the mean time I made one myself... (need to redo it though a little better)

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
I read it works directly with the 3 din emitters like the Optoma and Monster RF emmiters.

It's supposedly in the box of Australian HW55ES pjs. (The adapter cable that is)

Otherwise... It's very expensive at places I've seen to buy it.

-Brian

·
Registered
9,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by projtest  /t/1524803/sony-vp-hw30es-3d-sync-transmitter#post_24546925

Cool...I'll see if i can find something like that in Australia. I'm not tech saavy enough to design my own.

Since I've read it comes with the Australia HW55ES,... you may be able to contact Sony and ask for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'll definitely give them a call in the morning...I talked to a buddy of mine who works for biggest telecommunication company here. He is gonna have a look for the adapter in the mean time as well. Can't wait until the transmitter gets here and i can try experimenting a bit. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Well my adapter for the 3 pin cable worked. However, since you are going to use the ps3 glasses I would recommend getting the original sony emitter. AVS has it cheaper than anyplace I've seen.

I ordered from AVS and bought 4 pairs of 3 d glasses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts