Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have found a SONY VPH-1271Q forsale for $400, thats the starting bid. The unit has 2,555 hours on the CRT's and on minor scratch on the green CRT. Looking on the net, this model goes for $2200. At this price, I think I have found a good deal. The only problem I see the the hours on the CRT's. This seems like a lot. What is the average life of a CRT? Is 2,555 a lot?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
The 1271's in average condition with 2500 hours are going for around $800 to $1100 on eBay. I picked up one with 2100 hours and some modest ware on the blue CRT (but not burned in image) for $800 a few months ago. The CRTs can last 10,000 hours if not over driven unless you let a static image, such as fixed computer image, stay displayed for too long. Also the blue CRT is driven harder than the others in order to produce an equivalent light output and it tends to be one that will show the most ware over time. If the unit does not have a burn-in on the CRTs then something around $1000 is a realistic price.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Jason,

I bought a 1271 from a local university with around 2600 hours on it for $700. There is very little tube wear and I got a remote, install manual, Sony ceiling mount, switcher cable and switcher remote. The door that covers the built-in remote is even still intact! By the appearance of the tubes, I'd say a fair chunk of the hours are power-on hours with no image shown. I think I got a pretty sweet deal, although some others around here got some pretty good deals, too.

Like CunnazZ said, projector with 2555 hours can be like brand new, or it could be a mess.

SC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.