AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any forum member using a IFB-12 (or 12A) in a Sony VPH-1271 or 1272 projector to input a HDTV 1080i COMPONENT (not RGB) signal. I realize the IFB-12 only support progressive Component input when installed in a Sony G series projector, but I would like feedback from someone with first hand experience that the IFB-12 will in fact accept 1080i component input when installed in a 127x series projector.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience, but I have read plenty of posts on this forum that state that you 'cannot' run progressive signals to 12xx projectors.

But 1080i is not progressive, so I would be interested in the answer to this as well.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Surely some forum member has tried an IFB12 in their 127x projector and can let us know if it support HDTV 1080i component input.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you are talking YPrPb - no. Sorry tried it on a 1252 with an IFB-12. You need a transcoder to do this - key digital sell them iirc.

There are also a few schematics to make your own if you are so inclined.

Cheers

Heath Young

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heath -

Yes, I'm talking Y Pr Pb component input. Did you attempt to use your IFB-12 with it connected to a HDTV 1080i source or was it connected to the output of a progressive scan DVD player? I know it won't work for progressive scan sources such as from a DVD player. I do in fact have a transcoder that I can use. I also have a Sony G70 in my main home theater and using it's component input (rather than RGB) has the advantage that the color and hue control will still work while with RGB input they will not. I was hoping that the same might be true with my VPH-1271 if I could add a component input for connection to a HDTV 1080i set top box.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used the output from Iscan Pro - so it was progressive - the RGBHV input won't work with an interlaced input at all. Main reason being that the scan frequency will be too low, and the colourspaces are all wrong - and the IFB12 doesn't know what to do (poor IFB12 :O)

I just re-read your post - you are talking interlaced component vs. progressive component. Totally different animals. I always get them mixed up, YCrCb being progressive (dope slaps self) Dagnarnit.

In this case you have both a colourspace and scan frequency incompatibility - looks like you will have to get either the component input board (rare as rocking horse $hit) for the 12XX or just use scan doubled signal.

Cheers

Heath Young

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don't have a problem using a scan doubled or tripled input via the projector's RGB input for standard definition sources (DVD, VCR, etc) since my video scaler has the full set of picture controls, including color, hue, brightness and contrast. I was just interested in the component input for HDTV interlaced 1080i and there seems to be some people that have suggested in previous posts on the CRT forum that the IFB-12 installed in a 127x projector may be able to handle a 1080i input. However, I have not been able to find anyone who has specifically said that yes I have an IFB-12 installed in a 127x projector and have successfully used it with a HDTV STB that provides a 1080i component signal.

Ron Jones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.