Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I picked a Sony VPH 722Q projector at a garage sale for $5 but I am having some problems with it. After hooking it up to my DVD player via the BNC input, I can look into the red and green lenses and see the image but when I look into the blue lens all I see is a very bright blue field with the aligning grid on it. In addition, the brightness and contrast controls do not affect the blue tube when they are adjusted. Can anyone help me with this? I don't believe the tube is bad becasue it does display something, perhaps a board that controls the blue tube is bad? I have electronics experience so I can make any necessary repairs, I just need a push in the right direction. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Hmmm,

Sounds like the G2 needs adjustment perhaps. I don't know about the 722. Nice find though. I need to go to more garage sales.

Have you tried searching for the service manual online?

-Brian

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Found a better link with the service manual!!

http://beamer.xs4all.nl/Documents.htm

-B

p.s. Be carefull what you feed the pj with the BNC's I don't think it scans very high. Be sure to figure this out before you do much. If for example you hook up a pc running 1280x1024 I think you would kill it.

p.p.s Hope you have high speed access that service manual is like 10MB.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It sounds like one of the switches for the setup is still on for the blue.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton
Be carefull what you feed the pj with the BNC's I don't think it scans very high. Be sure to figure this out before you do much. If for example you hook up a pc running 1280x1024 I think you would kill it.
Yep, that box is limited to 480i only. Last year, I found a 1020, which is almost the same as your 722, at a garage sale for $5. A little cleaning and it works great for my son's gamecube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies and for the service/owner's manual links. I tried all the setup switches and they are all turned off. It almost seems to me as if that tube is not responding to the brightness pot and the alignment grid is not turning off on it. What is the "G2" that someone mentioned? Does each tube have a separate driver board and if so can I swap them around to check if the blue one is operating OK? Any more suggestions? I will check out those manuals...

Thanks for everything so far,

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.