AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been connecting the HDMI outputs of a DirecTV HD-DVR and Oppo BDP-93 to a DVDO Edge video processor that sends video to a Sony VPL-50 projector and audio to a Cary Cinema 11a. As I understand it, the HDMI-1 output of the BDP-93 uses SOTA video processing internally, so doesn't need the Edge, but I have no idea how good any video processing by either the HD-DVR or VPL-50 might be. It would be a nice simplification if I could move the Edge to another system. I've already routed audio from the BDP-93 around the Edge to improve the sound. The Cinema 11a does no video processing, but can switch between its 2 HDMI inputs, a function now done by the Edge. One possibly relevant observation is that connecting a DirecTV HD-DVR directly to a Sony 46XBR8 results in splendid video, but the XBR may be doing the video processing. Bottom line: Do I need the Edge between the HD-DVR and the projector?

db

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.