AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at one of these and it was actually kinda impressive. I heard that the bulbs only last for around 1000 hours.. is this true? and does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's $499 so not too bad. It is going to be between the Sony and the BenQ W500 as of right now. I know that these are older but I am on a VERY poor budget right now and have been without a projector for almost 3 months now with a fully finished Theater Room. Feel free to throw out other suggestions if you like. I won't be able to get anything better until early next year so just looking for something decent to hold me over.

·
Banned
3,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/16945686

Do not buy used unless the bulb is almost new or you may have to pay $300 for a new bulb. The sony is better than the benq.

Sure, and your new bulb could go after 90 days, in which case you'd be SOL! Bulbs typically either go fairly quickly, or last a long time. Once you pass the initial stage odds are good the bulb will be just fine. With around 600 hours I'm pretty sure my PJ will be working fine for the next 1500 hours or so.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had the unit since 2008. I have mine sitting at a throw of 10' 2" on a 100" screen. Use a screen with some gain and you'll have a nice projector. I'm getting rid of mine as I'm upgrading to a JVC this week. PM me if you're interested.

Bigave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.