Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been offered a new VPL CS10 for less than 2000 bucks, and I am very tempted to get it. I would mainly be using it for watching cable, playing PS2 and computer games. At this price point (around the 2000 dollar mark) are there any other projectors I should consider for this application?

Thanks a lot in advance,

HaN-hAn

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Is this USD or Ausie dollars? I have the Sony VPL-CX1 which is XGA but only 550 lumens and I love mine; except for a single dead pixel in center :-( CS10 as you know is SVGA but much brighter (1000 lumens) which would be OK for daytime viewing. For movies you'd still should dim the lights for best contrast. You may suffer screendoor and if the unit is used look for dead pixels (turn on unit without any video source and look for "stars" or bright pixel(s) amongst the black (actually dark grey screen :)) For <$2000 USD you can get the Sony CX1, NEC LT85, Infocus LP425z, Canon LV5100, Infocus LP260, Epson Powerlite 50c, Mits SA51, and other SVGA projectors. For about $500 more you can go XGA DLP which is usually better.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks huey,

you've been very helpful. ALthough the projector is near new (2 months) there is no warranty because it is an overseas unit and I would have to lug it overseas to get it repaired. Does warranty cover dead pixels? And to be exact, I've been given a price of 1400US for the projector.

Thanks,

HaN-hAn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.