AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't think these had actually hit U.S soil for retail sale yet.

Is there customs duties or other fees applied to us if we purchased one of these outside of the U.S say like from one of our foriegn banner ad sponsers?

Anyone?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bowls 300s
I didn't think these had actually hit U.S soil for retail sale yet.
Yes I believe you are correct, but I was looking for not just shipped, but pre-ordered orders.

Quote:
Is there customs duties or other fees applied to us if we purchased one of these outside of the U.S say like from one of our foriegn banner ad sponsers?
I have heard both yes and no. Some say using the term "computer monitor" gets it past duties, and others say it doesn't. You should do a search on projector duties, and perhaps you will find a definate answer.

Quote:
Originally posted by blitzkreig
I believe the concept of "Authorized Reseller" only really exists in the U.S.A.
I wasn't sure, but I figured it was better to have the extra option anyway.

The reason I started this poll was to see if brick and mortar authorized dealers will rule with the HS10 sales, as personally this is the first projector that my local HT brick and mortar store can seem to compete against the internet resellers. Unlike the Sony 12HT in which my local store demanded $4,000 more than internet resellers (it was $8,000 more at product release), the HS10 is only a few hundred dollars more than the lowest cost unauthorized HS10 internet dealer on the planet...:D Therefore, I myself am hoping to purchase this product locally, to support my area HT and for the ease of replacement/service if needed. I couldn't justify $4,000-6,000 more to buy the 12HT local, but $300-$400 seems to be a great deal, as I won't have to deal with duties and month long shipping delays, etc...

What is the story in your area? Are the brick and mortar stores eye to eye with the unauthorized internet dealers in your area?

Secant

P.S. No prices and/or business names please.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:

no :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.