AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My room will be 19' long by 18' wide when it's all finished. My seat will be 10' from the screen. I like to sit about 1/3 of the way back in a movie house. Originally I was going to get a 150" diag CH screen but it has been suggested that's too big. Laying out the screen with blue tape, 141" seems to be about the right size. So that means I need something with good light output. The gain on the Falcon HD Vision is about 1.1.

The Sony seems to be a good fit for this application. But being an anamorphic screen I'd need an anamorphic lens like the CineVista.

The Sony does not have lens memory. We watch movies and television about 50:50 so we would be switching between 2.35 and 16x9 quite a bit (another reason I thought 150" would work since 16x9 is narrower).

Does this mean I have to go through a bunch of a adjustments every time I watch a tv show vs a movie? That's kind of a PITA.

Are there other options?

The JVC's seem well regarded and have lens memory but they're $5k and at that price, I would start thinking about a 4k projector.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The Panasonic AE8000 would be an option as it has power lens memory. For 141" screen it might be too dim but in a fully light controlled room (all dark surfaces) it should be OK. Manually changing zoom and lens shift is a real pain and I would never consider it. So a powered A lens or the JVC/Panasonic are the only options I would consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts