AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The article says that the Sony hw40 will be the only new Sony projector to be unveiled at IFA, which most likely means that there will be no successor to the vw95es this cycle. JVC will take advantage of that I believe. We'll see soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Interested to see what improvements the 40 will have over the 30. Given that their higher end models are now getting updated tells me 40's changes will be modest over the 30. It'll be good for my marriage since it'll prevent me from buying a new projector.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hey Joe I have the same info, only one new model this year.

I will be at Berlin for the IFA show like every year and I will report for AVS live from Germany.

·
Registered
JVC RS2000| Runco Q750| Hitachi 3500 LED| M-Vision 260HB|130in 2:35.1| MadVR| Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod  /t/1420081/sony-vpl-hw40es-unveiled-at-ifa-in-september-2012#post_22216862

I was told from an insider there would only be a 30 replacement and the 95 an 1000 will remain.

Is there really a need to upgrade the 95 and 1000? Were there anything that needed to be improved with the 95?

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Is there really a need to upgrade the 95 and 1000? Were there anything that needed to be improved with the 95?

Yes.

Completely artifact-free FI

Better blacklevel.

These I regard as the only areas where there is room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
23,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine  /t/1420081/sony-vpl-hw40es-unveiled-at-ifa-in-september-2012#post_22217202

Hey Joe I have the same info, only one new model this year.

I will be at Berlin for the IFA show like every year and I will report for AVS live from Germany.

As always thank you Kraine.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
As the last of the triumvirate of recipients of Sony inside info, deliberately leaked by Sony knowing that we will blab it, we really know nothing more at this point other than that the replacement for the HW30AES will have an internal IR 3D emitter. I assume that there will still be a a way to connect an external emitter offered as an accessory for those who want or need to provide a direct beam to their glasses rather than bouncing off a screen. I think you can take that to the bank.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My guess is that the dynamic on off increase to 100,000 is based on a more aggressive DI setting option. but I don't know. I doubt one would notice much of change but if set up at close throw and running a high gamma, the increase could help prevent black crush.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sony vw1000es has been so well received lately. they hit many the sweet spots recently, giving the other brands a run. i think the hw50/40 will be another winner...if....

they have improved features against hw30es (wish list):

1. increased brightness ? 1500lm?

2. better transmitter...hopefully built-in or more powerful transmitter...

3. improved contrast 90k-120k:1 ??

4. maybe it will be a bonus if they add super scaling technology in it...

5. lens positioning??

....2 cents...

1 - 20 of 149 Posts