AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Sony VPL VW 50 projector 7 or 8 years ago, there was an official AVS thread for the unit, the first couple of posts of which provided detailed information and recommended settings. Can someone point me to that thread or to recommended settings? After all these years, the projector remains excellent.

db

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my projector up, and I messed with the lens settings, but my top corners are a little wider than my bottom corners. Is their a way to adjust this.

·
Registered
30,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanhaus2  /t/1519863/sony-vpl-vw-50-settings#post_24487334

I got my projector up, and I messed with the lens settings, but my top corners are a little wider than my bottom corners. Is their a way to adjust this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo123  /t/1519863/sony-vpl-vw-50-settings#post_24487757

angle the projector down slightly.

What he is telling you, is the projector is tilted up, assuming the screen is level. This means the distance from the lens to the bottom of the screen is shorter than the distance from the lens to the top of the screen. Since the distance is longer, the image spreads out more, making the top larger than the bottom. You always tilt or rotate the projector toward toward the small side of the image. This goes for right and left also.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Let me splain it correctly. The lens must be parallel to the plane of the screen. we are not concerned whether the less is closer to the top of the screen or the bottom. what we are concerned with is the horizontal distance from the top of the lens and the horizontal distance oif the bottom of the lens to the plane of the screen. they must be exactly the same, the lens must be parallel to the screen, top to bottom and left to right. It has absolutely nothing to do with the location of the lens in relation to the vertical height of the screen. I think, no I know, that is what Mike meant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts