AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed Sony VPL-VW100 in our conference room. Idea was to use it for the computer presentations and occasional HDTV viewing.

I get great TV picture when I hook up DirecTV receiver into HDMI. Howerver, when I connect PC to PC input, I get dim and not so bright picture. Even if I increase the brightness setting to the max, I still get not so bright picture almost useless for presentation.

Is there any other settings I should adjust, or is this model just not made for PC presentations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Each input has a memory of the "last used" User preset Mode.

When you view DirecTV next, note all the settings in the User menu and change the menu settings to match when you view via the PC input.

There really shouldn't be that much of a variation. The biggest factor would likely be the Lamp Mode (under Cinema Black Pro) being in LOW of HIGH. Then which Iris Mode followed by the Color Temp and Gamma settings.

Let us know how you come out!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Also worth checking out is Alan's "turn your vw100 into a light cannon" tweak. The vw100 bulb is ~400 watts so it's capable of high brightness, but the designers made a conscious decision to sacrifice a lot of that brightness for better CR. Alan's tweak makes Auto Iris even brighter than Iris Off.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12855663#post12855663

From the link:

Now toggle between Iris off and Auto Iris and you will not believe how dim Iris off is yet that use to be the bright mode. You will have a hard time going back to the default setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.