AVS Forum banner

3721 - 3731 of 3731 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Can someone recommend the right replacement lamp for this model? Mine is reaching the 1000 hours mark and I started to notice a less bright picture, mostly in HDR. Some have mentioned getting a good cheap replacement lamp from Aliexpress, but what is the specific model #?
My advice, shell out for a genuine lamp, it will be brighter for longer and give you far less potential problems than a cheap(er) alternative that can be very hit and miss with brightness.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
If you want to save money and are not afraid to get the bare original Phillips lamp see my post on the 285 Thread.
At this price you could buy 10 for less than the one sold in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question about a minor problem that I have noticed on the 385ES. I am using a 2.35:1 screen and when projecting 2.35 movies there is a dim overscan below the screen even when using proper blanking. It's only prominent in very dark scenes. Does anyone understand the issue that I am describing. Thanks for the help. I have not used this forum before and I hope I'm using it correctly. This is not a reply.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a question about a minor problem that I have noticed on the 385ES. I am using a 2.35:1 screen and when projecting 2.35 movies there is a dim overscan below the screen even when using proper blanking. It's only prominent in very dark scenes. Does anyone understand the issue that I am describing. Thanks for the help. I have not used this forum before and I hope I'm using it correctly. This is not a reply.
Are you 'zoomed' - to 'fill the screen'? I have a Da Lite with the 'Pro Trim Black Fabric' - so when I zoom 4k to fill the screen any over scan is pretty well hidden.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not posted here for a while- but thought I'd post this as a 'general fault' check if you experience anything that looks like 'missing pixels'. I had what looked like 'missing pixel' (white spot) just left of center on the screen. I was ready to consider sending the projector in for service- when by chance I walked up close to the screen and 'voila' - a tiny piece of styrofoam was stuck on the screen!
So- if any defect noticed like this - maybe your '1st step' would be to clean your screen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you 'zoomed' - to 'fill the screen'? I have a Da Lite with the 'Pro Trim Black Fabric' - so when I zoom 4k to fill the screen any over scan is pretty well hidden.
Yes, I am zoomed to the large size to fit the 2.35 dvd to the 2.35 screen and I have blanking properly set. There is still an overscan on the bottom about a foot or so, but it can only be seen in dark scenes and is very dim. The black screen edge is 3.5 inches in width and effectively "blanks" the overscan, but it reappears below the black screen edge. It may be above the screen also, but I really have not noticed it. It's a different overscan than seen without blanking. Like I mentioned, it's only on very dark scenes. Thank for the input.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you link the info on the replacement lamp? Thanks !
I have not replaced mine- I see it takes:
LMP-H220 Lamp & Housing
A Sony 'original' from Sony goes for $479 - I'd imagine you can find it cheaper, though- but I would only buy from reputable dealer.
Here is example posted on Amazon:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have issues getting this projector to work with HDR on a PS5?

Can't for the life of me get it to let me choose HDR at 4k.

HDR works at 1080p.

I have Enhanced HDMI selected.

3721 - 3731 of 3731 Posts