AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI.. Getting really frustrated here.. I have had to replace my bulb twice now in less than 2 months of use.. This isnt normal.. at $220 bucks a pop, I am a tad pissed off.. I went to fire it up today to watch a move and within 30 seconds, screen went black and 3 red blinking lights..

Should I just bite the bullet and send it in for service (if thats possible) or continue to buy expensive bulbs..

thanks

-Brad

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Hi,

Are you buying your bulbs from AVS? They sell them.

Anyway,.. that's way not normal but you know bulbs can have any sort of life really.

I don't think I would put another one in there without having it checked out.

Of course.... this depends on your source for the bulbs too because there's lots of places I wouldn't trust.

-Brian

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Are these the original LMPH200's? If so, something is off. I wonder if there is a problem with the projector....I'd probably send it in.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Jason,

I bought my VPL-50 used when it was less than a year old and had about 1300 hours on the lamp. I ran the hours up well over 2000, and when it got too dim I bought online what turned out to be a knockoff lamp. The knockoff died at under 1000 hours, and I bought a lamp from AVS. What surprised me, though, was how much brighter the new lamp from AVS was than the knockoff when new. I'm really happy with my VPL-50 and its new lamp. With recorded stuff on our DirectTV HD-DVR and discs from Netflix we watch about 8 hours a day, I'm guessing we'll be buying a lamp from AVS more than once a year. I amortize the cost of lamp replacement along with the DirecTV fee as part of our entertainment budget.

High on AVS,

db

1 - 4 of 4 Posts