AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been searching all over for the best price on this unit and cannot find anything better than DealCost. Anyone have any experience with them? I have searched and found generally positive comments everywhere (including AVS). They're not an authorized dealer so no factory warranty however Square Trade is an option...

I was part of a powerbuy that went bad last year so I am attempting due diligence this time...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigglyline /forum/post/16978681

Have been searching all over for the best price on this unit and cannot find anything better than DealCost. Anyone have any experience with them? I have searched and found generally positive comments everywhere (including AVS). They're not an authorized dealer so no factory warranty however Square Trade is an option...

I was part of a powerbuy that went bad last year so I am attempting due diligence this time...

Thanks

If you made it this long I would hang a little while longer since I am sure the new model will be announced soon... And hopefully ship not to long after... Just a thought...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/16979074

If you made it this long I would hang a little while longer since I am sure the new model will be announced soon... And hopefully ship not to long after... Just a thought...

Thanks for the reply joerod. Any idea when that announcement might be made? That would make sense as the official sony site has them on sale now too and the price on dealcost has dropped a bit too over the past month as well...

I am not in an immediate hurry however want to pull the trigger one way or the other reasonably soon.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigglyline /forum/post/16978681

Thanks
eCost has factory refurb VW70s. I don't know how this compares to the price you found for a new unit. The refurb comes with a 90 day Sony warranty and you can always buy a Mack Warranty to supplement that for a fairly resonable price (call or email Brian Pool at Tapeworks Texas to get their discount deal for AVS Forum members).

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/16992851

CEDIA is early September - that is when all new models are officially announced. Rumors and pre-show leaks could pop at any point now (see JVC).

and EDIT - ecost isn't the greatest seller IMHO.

EDIT2 - I am not alone in that opinion - http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eCost

I've purchased a number of items form eCost over the past decade and have always had excellent service. I think some customers may be confused by items listed as 'out of stock'. Just don't believe the prices listed for 'out of stock' items since the price may change (either up or down) when the item does come back in stock. I've never had any issues when I've ordered items listed as in stock and the items almost aways ships within 24 hours of placing my order. I know with any e'tailer there will be some customers that run into issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the heads up everyone. very much appreciated! Based on CEDIA being a couple of weeks away, I'm waiting to see what's announced before I do anything. Even if whatever is introduced isn't within my price range, the VW70 would hopefully be on closeout thus saving me a couple of $$ - which I will then apply to a screen upgrade!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.