AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/0

I am at 900 hours and going strong. Congrats !!

alan,

i have the ruby now, but will be getting the new jvc rs1 from avs jason. will you be updating or sticking with the ruby? i'm just curious how others are handling the news of this great new pj.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedboy /forum/post/0

Just got it. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Speed, congrats!

What is your ex?

What and how BIG is your screen?

Will this Ruby BRIGHT enough for 134" screen, in a total dark HT room? I have Sanyo Z4 now, thinking to upgrade to a brighter 1080p projector.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will this Ruby BRIGHT enough for 134" screen, in a total dark HT room? I have Sanyo Z4 now, thinking to upgrade to a brighter 1080p projector.

I have the Pearl on a 133" screen in a darkend theater and it is more than bright enough.I think that the Ruby is brighter than the Pearl so you should have no problem. Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanrs /forum/post/0

Hi Speed, congrats!

What is your ex?

What and how BIG is your screen?

Thanks

I have a Ruby with a 1 gain, 100" wide 16:9 screen in a totaly light controled room (underground). I have also a JVC sx21 that it is 1500 lumens and I do not see a great difference with the Ruby (I was only using part of the SX21 panel, since it is 4:3). I think you will be a happy owner, as I am. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Last time when I switched from Sony 3 guns VPL-D50QM to Sanyo Z4 about 1 year ago, the picture is "wow" so bright.

After 8 months then the eyes start to give you that weird and "not so bright" signal. We need much more brighter picture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.