AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some intresting fellows over in the highend area suggested I ask this here. One of them suggests that my 3 year old 7G W10HT isn't as nifty as a new HS10 and most likely not better then the even newer HS20. They went on to say that the updated version of my machine, the W12HT, isn't even being made anymore, as it is not competetive. What do you guys think? I quess time rolls on and if it is true, it is a good thing if I ever need to replace it, but it still makes me wonder just how good the new HS10 is. After all, can it realy be better at half the price? They say the chip is smaller. I use a 10 foot screen, would it make a difference? I ask as a friend realy wants to buy one like mine and I want to steer him in the right direction.

Thanks

PS. The W12HT was about 6G. What is the competion in that price range? I don't think a DLP is available(List) anywhere near that, And frankly I don't think they are all that much better then my old 10HT except for the contrast and the 12HT is much better there. They have less resolution as well. Are they realy worth twice the price?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm a HS10 owner and I've seen the 10HT; the HS10 is certianly an improvment. It just the march of technology.

The HS10 review on projectorcentral will give you some more specific details of how the two compare.

·
Registered
986 Posts
listen hear you cheese head.........oh sorry.

there are some phenomenal dlp projectors for 5grand, look at the Benq 8700. It blows all the sony lcd away.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
When the HS10 was first released, the comparisons were that it war roughly the same as the 11HT.

With the upcoming release of the HS20, the 12Ht isn't competitive at nearly double the list price. Time is not kind to old technology.

12HT vs HS20

Lumen: 1000 vs 1400 (variable)

Contrast: 1000:1 vs 1300:1 (variable)

Manual Focus vs Power Focus

Manual Zoom 1.2:1 vs Power Zoom 1.3:1

No DVI vs DVI HDMI

Noise: 30db vs 28db

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.