Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

Im curious what are the differences between Sony and RCA UTV units.

If you put one side by side are the menus the same?? Colors? look and feel etc.? I only have an RCA so Im curious as to what the differences are besides the outer case being different. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi,

If you hooked up a RCA and Sony UTV to one TV and programmed a UNIVERSAL remote to control both... the only way you'd notice which one was the Sony or RCA is by looking at the System Info screens. (also the RCA has a screen for AUX mode)

The Sony UTV doesn't have an Antenna button (you can't switch off the RF signal when Sony is ON) which sucks if you have an RF TV and you're watching a different feed.

I like that RCA "added" the AUX and Antenna features, gives you more options...

I wonder what it would take to enable these features on Sony... (AUX is out, but I wonder if there is a hidden "antenna" button keystroke on the keyboard)

Later,

David T.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have both units and while I can't put my finger on it I "hate" using the RCA unit for some reason, it seems like its responses to remote inputs are slower compared to the Sony. I doubt this is actually true but for some reason I really seem to prefer the Sony. This is true of my other family members also............

I also prefer the Sony remote, possibly because I use it more often but the buttons seem to be laid out more logically......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.