AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen conflicting post on this topic. Does anyone know the correct answer?

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Bulldogger,

I don't know, but the panels are only a small anount of the total contrast ratio equation.

The panels themselves do better than 500:1. It is optical path design that makes some of the biggest differences.

For instance, Sanyo used Epsons panels for the XP21n and got very close to 700:1. Epson has never gotten that high with any of their projector to date.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wiggles and Robert.

------------------

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Someone on the forum that saw the 11HT said they could not see the pixels compared to the 10HT. Could it be that Sony designed a new 1366x768 16x9 panel with a delta staggered configuration!? (like on the 400q) and they still make the other 16x9 lcd panels used on the 10HT and give them to Sanyo's plv-60? I would definitely like to see the delta staggered pixel configuration, although it's not as good for displaying computer graphics (I don't care about this) I just want a good home theater projector!

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I am going to see what Sony is up to before I make a purchase.

------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have viewed the 11ht here in Australia and did notice that the pixels seemed to be of a differednt shape when I stood right up to the screen. Did not think anythin of it at the time but you may be right about the delta, they looked a bit like z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.