AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an openbox W60 without remote or keyboard. I'm trying to use some off of a Sony WebTV, but they don't seem to do everything the originals did, like all of the PVR (FF/REW/pause etc) functions. But they are good enough for surfing channels right now.

I got the RCA keyboard from circuit city, and it won't work for me. I've tried the DIP switches, and that doesn't help. What can I do? Are there codes that would make the RCA keyboard work for me? I've ordered an OEM Sony remote, but can't find the keyboard. Do I really even need it? Will I be happy with the WebTV keyboard and the remote?

The RCA Keyboard looks really cool, has all kinds of cool keys. Wish it worked :)

- E

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Sony OEM keyboard is nice when entering words for searching the guide, but it seems to lack the skip forward and skip back controls that I use so much on the hand held remote.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent quite a bit of time and got this WebTV keyboard all cleaned out. It is very nice for searching, but pretty useless the rest of the time. Now I just need to wait till monday when I get my new remote.

Until then I just have to play with my HDVR2

·
Registered
165 Posts
damn...you should have posted here! I have an extra sony remote and in about a week I'll have an extra sony keyboard. let me know if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.