AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My monitor has been broken for 3 weeks now. The local TV guy who is supposed to be good with these units has been trying to get a service manual. Its the Dell version of this widescreen 24" monitor. Does anyone know where all or part of this manual can be downloaded?

Mark Haskins

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please, someone help. Can't any of you pros out there lay your hands on this manual? I ordered it from Sony but it is backordered and may take 30-60 days from Japan. I thought this was a pretty popular monitor in this forum...

Mark Haskins

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump.

I would be willing to pay for a photo-copy or for someone to make a .pdf.

Mark Haskins

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mark,

I have the GDM-W900. Do you have that or the newer FW900? Unforunately, I bought it from the Sony outlet store in Castle Rock, CO. I don't have the service manual for it. I do have a manual for the FW-900 at home, but I can't remember if it is the service manual or the user manual. If you find a source for the service manual, I would be very interested in it too. I have some really ugly convergence issues in the upper left and upper right corners. Orange backgrounds look sort of purplish. I can't fix it within the range of the user accessable convergence controls. Actually, I think it is the magnetic landing control that has the problem, not the red-green convergence. Otherwise it is a really nice monitor.

Jim

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim,

Thanks for your response. I was beginning to think I was the only one who owned this monitor, and, yes it is the Dell equivalent of the W900 not the FW900. If you have the FW900 service manual, that may be helpful anyway, please let me know. Before my W900 got zapped during an electric storm I had no convergence issues to speak of. When I get the service manual (by whatever means) I'll let you know.

Mark

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jim,

Sony sent the service manual sooner than expected (10/10) and I took it to the local TV repair shop the next day. That means they have had it for 3 weeks tomorrow. I've already called several times, but, all they say is "we're still working on it". I'll try to get you the part of the manual that you need as soon as I get it back. Any idea which part might help solve your convergence issue?

Mark H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.