AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a question regarding Sony's warranty on TVs bought online. I read somewhere on AVSForum long back that Sony will only honor warranties if the place of purchase is one of the authorized online dealers ( learningcenter.sony.us/assets/authorized_dealers/ ).

I wanted to ask if this was true because it leaves a very limited amount of stores from where I can buy my TV from.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. Terribly sorry if this is not where this thread is supposed to go, but since I was looking for an LCD TV, and saw no other appropriate section to put, I came to the reasoning that this was probably the best place to put it in.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasan7 /forum/post/0

Hi,

I had a question regarding Sony's warranty on TVs bought online. I read somewhere on AVSForum long back that Sony will only honor warranties if the place of purchase is one of the authorized online dealers ( learningcenter.sony.us/assets/authorized_dealers/ ).

I wanted to ask if this was true because it leaves a very limited amount of stores from where I can buy my TV from.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. Terribly sorry if this is not where this thread is supposed to go, but since I was looking for an LCD TV, and saw no other appropriate section to put, I came to the reasoning that this was probably the best place to put it in.

Well it doesn't hurt to call them and ask if they will honor a warranty from the store you plan on buying your TV. I bought my TV from an actual Circuit City (not online) and I called and asked if I can get the warranty prices posted online and they said yes. So I paid about $100 for a 5 year warranty, while CC was offering me $300+ for a 3 year warranty.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/,INT...res&Telesales=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.