AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need some feedback from people who have this television or similar models to see if you are having similar issues, or even if perhaps Sony has acknowledged a defect in the product.

We are using a Sony KDF-55WF655 in a broadcast facility as part of an HDTV monitoring wall. This television shows 8 different video feeds split into 8 boxes on the screen. So obviously there are stationary items on the screen 24/7. I didn't think this would be an issue with an LCD projection system.

For lack of a better term, I don't know how to phrase this other than we are seeing burn-in on the blue chip. We started noticing the color on the television did not look right. I put "black" on the TV and noticed it had splashes of blue on the screen. After that, I did this test:

I put a full screen of red on. Picture looked perfect. I put a full screen of green on. Picture looked perfect. I put a full screen of blue on. I could see every outline of every box and meter that is normally on the screen when I run the monitoring wall hardware. It looked exactly like CRT burn-in.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.