AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in VA. in the Hampton Roads area. I have a Sony WEGA KV-40XBR800 (37" Trinitron) I would like to give away to someone in the area who might be interested in having it and is willing to come to my house and pick it up

This thing weighs probably 300lbs. and was a nightmare just to get to the garage with two people lol.

It is suffering from the Low B fault or overvoltage/overcurrent issue and needs some work done. It will power on, but it takes a bit of fiddling to get it to cut on, once it is on it has no issues and does fine until you turn it off. I know that people have been able to fix this problem themselves on these TV's and the parts are fairly cheap. But from what I have read it is a fairly complicated procedure.

The picture quality is still great, it's only ever had a Tivo and DVD player connected to it. It has the original Remote and Owners Manuals. The Remote is pretty worn though. The TV itself has a small scratch on the plastic trim around the Tube but that is the only blemish.

I guess this will be a first come first serve deal if anyone wants it. (I'm really not interested in trying to ship it anywhere)

If it turns out that no one is interested in having it maybe someone could help me with some suggestions on how and where to dispose of it.

Thanks for reading..

Kelly B.

P.S. (I'm in the Porstmouth/Churchland area, will work out the details in PM's or on the phone)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.