AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I'm in the market for a 65" 4K... prefer Sony.

I saw that there are the X800b and X850b. I noticed that the X800b does not have 3D and the triluminous display.

What are your thoughts on the triluminous display? I know that it's not the 2013 triluminous display where it used q-dots (W900a/X900a).

Is there a big difference between the x800b and x850b picture quality?

I'm sorry if it has been discussed. I just couldn't find a answer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
ive seen the 2 side by side at best buy, and its very obvious that the 800b does not have triluminous, the colors looked better and popped alot more on the 850b. but if you can swing a few more bux, and can wait a few more weeks, the 850C will be improved over the 850b.

·
Registered
839 Posts
If the 65X850C holds the present price for even a short while after it starts shipping, that's some pretty serious "few more bux" to get from the XBR65X800B at $2,100 to the XBR65X850C at $3,500. For that you could buy the 800B and take a 65" Vizio D and a BluRay player in change and still have enough left over to buy a pizza and some beer on the way home…

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive seen the 2 side by side at best buy, and its very obvious that the 800b does not have triluminous, the colors looked better and popped alot more on the 850b. but if you can swing a few more bux, and can wait a few more weeks, the 850C will be improved over the 850b.

Without triluminous, does that mean the colors are going to be "dull"? I doubt the x850c will be anywhere close to the x800b/x850b price anytime before fall..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Without triluminous, does that mean the colors are going to be "dull"? I doubt the x850c will be anywhere close to the x800b/x850b price anytime before fall..
If you can see them for yourself, that might be your best bet. I've personally been quite underwhelmed by Triluminous and bought Sony TVs without it, but others seem to see a difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Netflix 4k works fine (if your account allows 4k)

get the x850 i have the x800 and its smart tv feature does not allow netflix to stream in 4k
I just got the x800 a few days ago, and I have no problem streaming 4k from Netflix (but I did have to upgrade my Netflix account to get the 4k stream). I love it so far, and my family agrees. The 4k content looks fantastic! I watched the first episode of The Blacklist and noticed so much more than I did the first time on my old 720p. The textures really pop!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts