AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be something wrong with color gamut coverage of my sony x900e.
I used DisplayCal and Spyder 5 with LCD (white LED) correction.
I have 3 displays connected to my PC and calibrated each one of them using same settings - they are also configured the same way in nvidia's control panel.
I didn't take notes, but one of my monitors scored sRGB gamut coverage of ~120% and the other one was close to 99%. Meanwhile - the sony x900e scored 88% for sRGB, 62% Adobe, 63% DCI P3.
That's strange because sites like rtings, 4k.com and many more claim that these values should be much higher - going up to 94% of DCI P3.
Am I doing something wrong or is my display faulty/badly configured?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
That correction is most likely incorrect for the extended gamut phosphor backlight in the X900. Not sure what the correct one would be, just that the correction is where your issue is stemming from.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
There seems to be something wrong with color gamut coverage of my sony x900e.
I used DisplayCal and Spyder 5 with LCD (white LED) correction.
I have 3 displays connected to my PC and calibrated each one of them using same settings - they are also configured the same way in nvidia's control panel.
I didn't take notes, but one of my monitors scored sRGB gamut coverage of ~120% and the other one was close to 99%. Meanwhile - the sony x900e scored 88% for sRGB, 62% Adobe, 63% DCI P3.
That's strange because sites like rtings, 4k.com and many more claim that these values should be much higher - going up to 94% of DCI P3.
Am I doing something wrong or is my display faulty/badly configured?

Those quotes of gamut coverage are in HDR mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts