·
Registered
1,754 Posts
scroll through this list and look for the

2009 sony lineup thread

and the

xbr8 owners thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post16934335

you will find some discussion on this mostly by euro's, with references/links and speculation.

the word *seems* to be that successor to the RGGB xbr8 will be delayed (at best), and the xbr10/x5500 will be introduced with white led backlight.

i still find it hard to believe that sony will abandon RGGB led backlight.

TVbc

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
This is a much ado about nothing post - how could one have an official thread on something that does not even exist or announced?

This turkey will flounder baiting in members thinking there is something when in fact it's an episode of Seinfeld and about NOTHING!

CES 2010 will most likely announce the real deal "XBR10" but that is January 2010 and nothing gets debuted for months later often after the Sony Trade Show in Feb/March and it may come from the partnership with getting larger glass from Sharp but that plant doesn't start producing anything until October. This post offers up as an official XBR10 when there are none in existence to even discuss.

What good does that do an how could it be official other than official B.S. for bored members needing to post when there is NOTHING to discuss?

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/16939646

This is a much ado about nothing post - how could one have an official thread on something that does not even exist or announced?

This turkey will flounder baiting in members thinking there is something when in fact it's an episode of Seinfeld and about NOTHING!

CES 2010 will most likely announce the real deal "XBR10" but that is January 2010 and nothing gets debuted for months later often after the Sony Trade Show in Feb/March and it may come from the partnership with getting larger glass from Sharp but that plant doesn't start producing anything until October. This post offers up as an official XBR10 when there are none in existence to even discuss.

What good does that do an how could it be official other than official B.S. for bored members needing to post when there is NOTHING to discuss?

For what it is worth I was talking to the local Sony store yesterday about the XBR9 and he mentioned that the XBR10 well be released in Sept 09

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy64 /forum/post/17109121

For what it is worth I was talking to the local Sony store yesterday about the XBR9 and he mentioned that the XBR10 well be released in Sept 09

doesn't sound likely, thats now and nothing has been announced. Damn salesmen.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well with Sony closing it's last Plant this side of the Atlantic,

and announcing it is not going to built tv's anymore just contract out the whole process and throw a Sony name on it I would not hold my breath for any xbr10.

The best of Sony TV's are in the past.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any word lately?

The prices of the XBR45 's are going down massively - have seen some v.cheap 46" 's around....

wonder how much of a picture quality gain they can get with the XBR10 if they are using white LED's only...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Seuss /forum/post/17133796

Any word lately?

The prices of the XBR45 's are going down massively - have seen some v.cheap 46" 's around....

wonder how much of a picture quality gain they can get with the XBR10 if they are using white LED's only...

this is exactly why i bought my xbr8. when watching it, it's hard to imagine that something will be able to beat the PQ (although we all know it will be topped ), and i doubt the price will be as low as you can get them for now. And if they use the white LEDs that they are talking about, that would likely drop the purity of the colors, at least from their own marketing last year

maybe motion will be improved with the newer 240 hertz, but when i owned the z5100, the difference was not really noticeable. and the bravia engine 3 didn't seem any better than the BE2 Pro, and i think that the PRO does a better job of handling 480i than BE3.

but who knows, maybe it'll be a kuro killer. I sure do love my xbr8 though

1 - 20 of 143 Posts