AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tv does not turn on sometimes I noticed when I leave for awhile and it gets real hot up in my apt. I live upstairs and sometimes if I leave it gets about 85 degrees up here. Then I come home and the tv does not turn on. I get a line that goes across the top of the screen that flashes. Then I turn it on and all of a sudden it works and does not happen for awhile. Anyone know whats up with this? Could the heat really do this? Or is my tv on the way out?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
The Acronym CRT, most are ignorant to the fact that there are Three different implementations for CRT's, well actually more but , eh i give up....

Athanasios

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Boards are over heating inside causing the components to not operate at the proper values, capacitors rated for 85 celcius in the Tv set that is in an 85 degree room dont go well together, also the fact that components age over time and replacing most of the capacitors in the power supply is more than most people are willing to do.

Athanasios

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
The problem with posts like this is that most posters aren't technicians that are capable of troubleshooting on a component level.

If you are, then I'd recommend finding the schematic and troubleshoot the set to see why it doesn't fire up properly.

If not, then take it to a shop that can work on Sony sets.

I've searched, there doesn't seem to be a forum out there where techs swap component level info on consumer electronics. Times are tough, and it seems that most competent TV techs keep their trade secrets to themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts