AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant recall model number and its not in front, cant find manual either.

This model is from 2004, its a 30in with DVI (1080i widescreen) with all the bells and whistles (super fine pitch and that). OK anyway I was wondering if it has the tuner internally capabale of the new digital channels.

My cable guy said there are some HD channels embedded on the coax signal so I want to split signal before my HDDVR for the added sub channels and such incase my box ever dies. Anyone out there know or think this age of TV will have the proper tuner? This was like $2500 in 2004 and its a fantastic old unit so any help would be great.............thanks.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadnliz /forum/post/18282386

I cant recall model number and its not in front, cant find manual either.

There's a sticker on the back of the TV indicating the model, serial number, and the location & date of manufacture.

Quote:
OK anyway I was wondering if it has the tuner internally capabale of the new digital channels. My cable guy said there are some HD channels embedded on the coax signal so I want to split signal before my HDDVR for the added sub channels and such incase my box ever dies. Anyone out there know or think this age of TV will have the proper tuner?

If your TV does have a digital tuner, then in one of the Menus, for channel scan, there would be a choice for analog or digital channel/tuner selection.

If your TV does have a digital tuner, it might only be for over-the-air digital channels (which uses 8VSB modulation) and not digital cableTV (which uses QAModulation).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt look like it has one cause I dont recall a digital scan option in menu and I know this TV like the back of my hand (except for model lol)

Thanks for chiming in!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts